In this article we will discuss about National Scholarship Portal NSP 2.0 2021: Registration, Eligibility & Status.
Scholarships are financial grants given to meritorious students to aid them in their future studies or support their present finances incurred on education. The central and state governments of India provide scholarships worth 10,000 crores. Additionally, various government agencies like the UGC, AICTE, and many more provide lumpsum scholarships to deserving students. All of this information is culminated and available to all on this online website called- National scholarship portal. Stay with me till the end of this article and you will know every ounce of information regarding the NSP.
National Scholarship Portal 2021
The National Scholarship Portal is a digital portal wherein every ounce of information regarding the scholarships provided by the central government and state government can be found. Without having to visit the government offices to apply or check the status of your scholarships, you can do all of that in this portal from the comfort of your house.
More importantly, the government of India has also launched the NSP app for easy accessibility. More details regarding this will be provided as you move through the article.
1. Benefits of the National Scholarship portal
Are you wondering why do we need a website exclusively for the scholarships that a student can get? Then, once you read the points that I have mentioned below, you will get convinced about its vital existence.
- First and foremost, it is highly important to have complete details about the scholarships that are provided by both central and state governments under one umbrella. So, that we can easily choose the best scholarships for us.
- More importantly, it also supplements transparent records of data and zero duplications in the applications.
- Additionally, the portal even supports the Direct benefit transfer (DBT) mode of payment, which will make sure that the money is directly given to the beneficiary and not through middlemen.
2. The Last Date to Apply for the Scholarships
A notification has been sent to all the educational institutions from the Higher Education Director that the last date to apply for the scholarships for the year 2021 has been extended to the 31 st of December 2020. This extension includes school students of both levels 1.1 and 1.2 and even the minority students who wish to apply for their scholarship on the pre metric, post matriculation, and merit basis.
In short, even the two verification phases have been shifted to 31 st of January 2021 and 28 February 2021 respectively. It is also informed that all the educational institutions have to ensure that all the eligible students apply for the scholarships before the assigned date without fail.
Various Scholarships Offered in the National Scholarship portal
Not only does the NSP have data on the various scholarships offered by central and state governments. It also has complete information regarding scholarships that are offered to students who study in Class 1 to PG. Notably, the scholarships that are offered are broadly divided into-:
- Central Government scholarship schemes
- State Government scholarship schemes
- AICTE scholarship schemes
- UGC Scholarships schemes
Let us find out the major scholarships that each of these provisions in an extensive manner.
1. Central Government Scholarship schemes
Under the Central Government scholarships also, we have many central departments that provide scholarships. The Ministry of Minority Affairs, Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice and employment, Ministry of Labour and Employment, Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Department of School Education and Literacy, Department of Higher Education, WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs, RPF/RP SF, Ministry of Railway, North Eastern Council (NEC), DoNer are some notable organizations that provide scholarships to students under the Central Government Scholarship scheme. Let us check out the scholarships that are provided by each of these central organizations.
|Scholarship Name||Organization||Last date to apply|
|Pre Matric Scholarships for Minorities||Ministry of Minority Affairs||15-11-2021|
|Post Matric Scholarships for Minorities||Ministry of Minority Affairs||30-11-2021|
|Merit Cum Means Scholarship For Professional and Technical Courses CS||Ministry of Minority Affairs||30-11-2021|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities||Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities||15-11-2021|
|Post-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities||Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities||30-11-2021|
|Scholarships for Top Class Education for students with disabilities||Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities||30-11-2021|
|Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students||Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment||30-11-2021|
|Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers- Post- Matric||Ministry of Labour and Employment||30-11-2021|
|Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers- Pre- Matric||Ministry of Labour and Employment||15-11-2021|
|Aam Aadmi Bima Yojna Scholarship for Andhra Pradesh||Ministry of Labour and Employment||Offline|
1. Additional Central Government Scholarship Schemes
|Scholarship name||Organization||Last date to apply|
|National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST students- Scholarship (Formally Top Class Education for Schedule Tribe Students)-Only for Scholarships||Ministry of Tribal Affairs||30-11-2021|
|National Means Cum Merit Scholarship||Department of School Education and Literacy||31-12-2020|
|Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College and University Students||Department of Higher Education||30-11-2021|
|Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles||WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs||30-11-2021|
|Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Wards of State/UT’s Police Personnel Martyred During Terror/ Naxal Attacks||WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs||25-04-2021|
|Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RFP/RPSF||RFP/RPSF, Ministry of Railway||30-11-2021|
|Financial Support to the Students of NER for Higher Professional Courses(NEC Merit Scholarship)||North Eastern Council (NEC), DoNER||30-11-2021|
2. State Government Scholarship schemes
Apart from the Central Government, even the State Government provides numerous scholarships to the students studying in its respective state. Most of the state governments have their separate portals regarding the scholarships. In the NSP we only have the below-mentioned states that have listed their scholarships.
Given below are only some of the State scholarships, it is advisable to visit the NSP directly to check your State Government scholarship schemes.
|Scholarship Name||State||Last Date to Apply|
|Pre Matric Scholarships for SC Students (Class IX and X)- Assam||Assam||20-01-2021|
|Post Matric Scholarships for SC Students- Assam||Assam||20-01-2021|
|Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST students-Pre Matric Scholarship for (Class IX and X) for ST Students Arunachal Pradesh||Arunachal Pradesh||31-12-2020|
|Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Children-Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) for ST Students Arunachal Pradesh||Arunachal Pradesh||03-02-2021|
|Centrally Sponsored Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students (Class IX and X)- Andaman and Nicobar||Andaman and Nicobar||15-02-2021|
|Centrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students – Andaman and Nicobar||Andaman and Nicobar||15-02-2021|
|Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students- Chandigarh||Chandigarh||10-02-2021|
|Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Transgender Students- Chandigarh||Chandigarh||20-01-2021|
|Pre Matric Scholarship to OBC Students- Dadra Nagar Haveli||Dadra Nagar Haveli||31-12-2020|
|Pre Matric Scholarship to SC Students- Dadra Nagar Haveli||Dadra Nagar Haveli||31-12-2020|
|Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Pre Matric Scholarship for Needy ST Students (Class IX and X ) -Goa||Goa||15-01-2021|
|Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students (Class IX and X ) -Goa||Goa||15-01-2021|
1. Additional State Government Scholarship Schemes
|Scholarship Name||State||Last date to apply|
|Centrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students-Himachal Pradesh||Himachal Pradesh||20-01-2021|
|Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students- Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu and Kashmir||05-03-2021|
|Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Students(Classes IX and X)-Ladakh||Ladakh||10-03-2021|
|Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students-Ladakh||Ladakh||10-03-2021|
|Lakshadweep Scholarship Scheme||Lakshadweep||31-05-2021|
|Pre Matric Scholarships for ST Students ( For Class IX and X)- Manipur||Manipur||15-01-2021|
|Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Children -Pre-Matric Scholarship (Class IX and X) for ST Students-Meghalaya||Meghalaya||17-02-2021|
|Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Children -Post-Matric Scholarship(PMS) for ST Students-Meghalaya||Meghalaya||17-02-2021|
|Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students(Classes IX and X)-Puducherry||Puducherry||15-10-2021|
|Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students-Puducherry||Puducherry||15-10-2021|
|Pre-Matric ST Scholarship Schemes||Tripura||15-03-2021|
|Post-Matric ST Scholarship Schemes||Tripura||15-03-2021|
|Pre-Matric Scholarships Schemes for Minority (100 Percent State Sector)-Uttarakhand||Uttarakhand||10-02-2021|
|Post-Matric Scholarship for BEC Students-Uttarakhand||Uttarakhand||30-09-2021|
3. AICTE Scholarship Schemes
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) national-level council that comes under the department of Higher Education. it first started as an advisory board and was later given the statutory status that it holds right now. It mainly works on the technical and management education system in India. Apart from all of this, they even provide scholarships for students. The scholarships provided by AICTE can be found below-:
|Scholarship Name||Last Date to Apply|
|Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl Students (Technical Degree )||30-11-2021|
|Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl Students (Technical Diploma )||30-11-2021|
|Saksham Scholarship Scheme for Specially Abled Student (Technical Degree)||30-11-2021|
|Saksham Scholarship Scheme for Specially Abled Student (Technical Diploma)||30-11-2021|
4. UGC Scholarship Schemes
University Grants Commission of India monitors and coordinates the standards of University Education. It has been established on 28th December 1953 in obedience to the UGC act 1956. It provides scholarships for students, these are mentioned below-:
|Scholarship Name||Last Date to Apply|
|Ishan Uday-Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region||30-11-2021|
|PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child||30-11-2021|
|PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders (Ist and IInd Rank Holders)||30-11-2021|
|PG Scholarship Scheme for SC ST Students for Pursuing Professional Courses||30-11-2021|
How to Check Whether you are Eligible for a Scholarship?
After checking out all the scholarships available and selecting the one that you want to apply for, it is best that you once check, whether you are eligible for that particular scholarship or not. Follow the steps mentioned below to check your eligibility for the scholarship-:
- In the first place, visit the official website of the National Scholarship portal and click on the “Services” option.
- In the drop-down list that appears, make sure to select the “Scheme eligibility” option.
- Then, enter all the details asked for, carefully and accurately.
- Enter your Captcha code and then click on the “Check eligibility” option.
1. Documents Required
Before you start registering yourself to the portal, I believe you must first know the list of documents that are required for the registration process. So, let us check out the list of documents you will need-:
- Aadhar Card
- Bank Account Passbook
- Self- Declaration certificate
- Previous Year Education Qualification Certificate
- Passport Size photograph
- Mobile number
- Income certificate as per your scholarship type
- Caste certificate as per your scholarship type
How to Register for a Scholarship on the NSP?
Now, that we know all the details regarding the documents that are essential for the registration. Ultimately, let us now run through the steps that you must follow to register yourself to the National scholarship portal-:
- Firstly, open their official website by clicking here.
- Then, click on the “New Registration” option on the home page of the website.
- In addition, carefully go through all the instructions that appear on your screen. Tick the checkbox and click on the “Continue” option to move ahead.
- Meanwhile, fill in all the details like Name, Date of birth, Mobile number, Gender, E-mail-ID, Bank details, etc.
- Make sure to enter your Captcha code carefully and then click on the “Register” option.
- Hence, you have now completed your registration into the National scholarship portal.
How to Apply for your Scholarship?
Once you have registered, the next step is to log in to your account and apply for the scholarship by filling the application form. Read the steps mentioned below carefully to do the same.
- In the first place, open the National scholarship portal and then click on the “Log-in” option.
- Notably, make sure to enter your Application ID and password carefully. These details would have been sent to your registered mobile number after your registration.
- As a result, you will receive a One-time Password to your registered mobile number. Immediately, type it in the space provided.
- Now, you will be prompted to change your password, do the same.
- Ultimately, you will get redirected to the Dashboard, click on the “Application Form” option.
- Meanwhile, fill in all the details asked like the State of Domicile, Aadhar card number, Scholarship category, Gender, and many more.
- Additionally, click on the “Save and continue” option to upload the scanned copies of all your documents.
- Therefore, for submitting your application, click on “Final submission”.
Note-: Once your application has been submitted, there is no way, you can edit it again. So, make sure to submit all your details correctly by double-checking them.
How to Check the Application Status?
Subsequently, you can even check the status of your application in the portal. Follow the enlisted steps to check your application status-:
- To begin with, move to the official website of the National scholarship portal.
- Once the home page opens, click on the “Login” and select your “Year”.
- Then, enter your Application ID and password.
- Consequently, click on the “Check status” option, to open a page where your application status can be viewed.
How to Apply for Renewal?
Given that you are willing to renew your scholarship, you no longer have to go to the government office to do this work. All you have to do is open the National Scholarship portal and follow the below-mentioned steps-:
- Once, the home page of the National scholarship portal opens, click on the “Login” option.
- Consequently, enter your Application ID, password, and Captcha to set foot into your account.
- Later, select the “Renewal” button present over there. You will then have to login into the page again to be able to open the renewal application form.
How to Search for your Institute/School/ITI?
If you want to know whether the institute, school, or ITI that you are associated with, is registered into the National scholarship portal or not. Subsequently, you can do this in two methods which are as follows-:
1. Through Institution Details
- To begin with, visit the National scholarship portal website and click on the “Search for institute” option.
- Fill in all the details that you are asked for like the Institute State, District, and so on in the “Search Institute/School/ITI registered with NSP” label.
- Therefore, click on the “Get institution list” for your required information.
2. Through the AISHE/DISE/ITI(NCVT) Code
- In the first place, visit the National scholarship portal website and click on the “Search for institute” option.
- Enter the “Code type” and then enter the code in the adjoining space provided.
- Consequently, click on the “Get institute based on Entered AISHE/DISE/ITI (NCVT) code” option to get you called for information.
Note-: Don’t forget to enter the Captcha, else both the above methods won’t work. If you couldn’t find your institution in the National scholarship portal, then you can inform them the same and they will look into it.
How to Register your Institution into the NSP?
If your institution isn’t registered in the National Scholarship portal, don’t fret over it. Indeed, the process is quite simple. On the whole, follow the below-mentioned steps, to register it into the NSP.
- In the first place, open the scholarships.gov.in and click on the “Institute login”.
- Once you do that, enter your User ID, password, and Captcha code. Then, select your “Academic year” in the login form that opens.
- Shortly after you click on the “Login option”, a small dialogue box will appear, wherein you have to click on “Ok”.
- At this instant, enter all the details in the registration form that has opened, like
- Name of institute
- Institute nature
- Affiliated board/Institute
- Institute address
- Institute Sate
- URL of the institute’s website
- Head of institution details
- Details of the designated institute nodal officer for NSP
- Now, fill in all the details carefully and then upload the identity proof of the institute’s nodal officer.
Note-: Make sure to upload the identity proof in PDF or JPEG format and its size must not exceed 200KB.
- Once we are done with this, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number of the Nodal officer of the institute. Enter the OTP and fill all the information in the boxes carefully.
- Henceforth, save the form and then finally click on “Submit”.
All in all, a Reference ID will be generated that will be transferred to the District Nodal officer. All you have to do now is print your form out and submit it to that District Nodal officer so that he can verify, sign and stamp it.
Process of Searching for your District Nodal Officer
On the whole, now that you have placed an application for your institute in the National scholarship portal, you will have to get your Reference form signed by the District Nodal officer to complete the registration. In fact, the National scholarship portal even gives you information about the District nodal officer of your district. Hence, follow the listed down steps, to find out the procedure-:
- At first, move to scholarships.gov.in and then click on the “Services” option.
- Moving further, tap on the “District Nodal Officer Details List” option.
- In due time, select all the details and enter your Captcha.
- Likewise, click on the “Submit” option, the information that you’re looking for will appear on your screen.
1. Method to Update your Institute Profile
Once your registration form has been accepted by the District nodal officer. Therefore, we can now complete the rest steps to make your registered institute functional in the national scholarship portal. Go through the below steps to be able to do so-:
- To begin with, visit scholarships.gov.inl and click on “Institute login”.
- At the same time, on the login page that appears, enter all the details. Eventually, enter the password that was sent to your Institute’s nodal officer’s Registered mobile number.
- As can be seen, an OTP will be generated that you will have to use to reset your password.
- Once you are done with that, you will now have to update the profile of your institution in the portal.
- Subsequently, click on the option “Update profile” to receive an OTP.
- As soon as you enter the OTP in the space provided, an “Institute Update” form will open wherein you will have to update various details regarding your institute like institute details, contact person details, and bank details.
- Thus, to finish updating, click on the “Final submit” option.
2. Method to Know your Payment
After your scholarship has been sanctioned, you will then be able to receive it through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to the account of the beneficiary. Firstly, you will have to give all your bank details to a separate portal called PFMS (Public Finance Management System) to avail of the scholarship. Consequently, follow the steps mentioned below-:
- To begin with, open the official website of the PFMS by clicking here.
- Next, click on the “Know your payment” option and then enter your bank details like Bank, Account no., and verification code.
- Your information will display once you press the “Search” option.
3. Track your Payment
Not only can you check the scholarship payment that you will get, but you can even track it. To do so, check out the below steps-:
- To begin with, open the official website of the PFMS by clicking here and then select the “Track NSP payments” option.
- Then, enter all your information like Account no., verification code carefully.
- Lastly, click on the “Search” button to be able to see the information you wanted.
How to Install the National Scholarship App?
As I have already mentioned it before, to make things easier and accessible, the Government of India has launched the National Scholarships app in the year 2018. Henceforth, to install the app follow the below-mentioned steps-:
- To begin with, move to the official website of scholarships.gov.in, select the option “Get it on Google play”.
- Thereupon, the National scholarship app will automatically start installing on your mobile phone.
On the whole, now that we have come to the end of this article, I hope you could garner all the information regarding the National Scholarship portal NSP 2.0 . Altogether, if you do end up with any doubts, please do feel free to jot them down in the comments section below. Thank you.
Subscribe Mazurek Gravity on Youtube.